I’m usually not one for these things, but I’m bored and I guess lots of people are doing this now. Not that I’d know since I just found out about it, because I’m about as close to living under a rock as you can get. So here’s fifty answers to some questions you might care about:
1. Who is your favourite male anime character?
Satou You from Ben-to. Unapologetically male and the best male lead in modern anime. Kicks ass, and eats dinner. Kenshi from Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari is also an excellent male lead.
2. Who is your favourite female anime character?
3. What is your favourite anime soundtrack?
Simoun. It’s just beautiful.
4. What is your favourite anime opening + animation?
I like a bunch, I’m not really one to pick favorites so here’s a list of a few:
- Kagami no Naka no Actress from Kimagure Orange Road
- Tank from Bebop because I can show that to anyone and get them pumped for the show
- And Katamichi Catch Ball from Potemayo because Potemayo.
5. What is your favourite anime ending + animation?
I forget most endings and animation, but few stick to me so well as Aoi Haru by Angela from Setokai Yakuindomo
6. What is your favourite anime scene?
Madoka in a kimono turning the lights on and off in her house’s genkan waiting for Kyousuke to come from Kimagure Orange Road: I want to return to that day
7. If you could meet an anime character, who would it be?
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Matsutaka Hiroko from Hataraki Man
9. What is your favourite thing about anime?
There must be something since I’ve been watching it for so long, but I have no favorite thing, it’s what I do.
10. What is your least favourite thing about anime?
Girls with no agency, and male leads that pretend that women parts don’t exist.
11. Who’s your favourite anime couple?
Takahashi Nanami and Motoharu Yano from Bokura ga Ita. Don’t worry, I know you haven’t watched it, and if you did, you probably hated it.
12. Who is your favourite anime animal?
Tadakichi-san from Azumanga Daioh
13. What anime would make a good game?
What’s a game?
14. What game would make a good anime?
See question 13
15. What is the first anime you ever watched?
Robotech aka American version of SDF Macross.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
17. What is your favourite genre of anime?
I’ll watch anything, but I have a tendency for romantic type shows of the Shoujo or Josei genres.
18. What is your least favourite genre of anime?
Any genre where the anime sucks.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
Yes, wife watches, friends watch with me, even if I’m a tad selective of what I show/watch with them.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
No…used to really want to go, now if I get there it’d be fun, but it’s not as high on my list.
21. What anime was the biggest letdown for you?
Not to have recency bias, but Ano Natsu de Matteru is the kind of thing that is usually a bulls-eye for me, and I loathe it to my very core.
22. What anime was better than expected?
Hayate no Gotoku, I was expecting to really just think it was average, but I can watch it any time and just enjoy it’s stupidity.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
Eh…I don’t pay that close attention to fight scenes, but I guess Ben-to had some fun fight scenes, but its pool fight scene was pretty darned epic.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
My waifu is 3D, lives with me, and is not in an anime. But Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road sure is nifty.
25. What was your favourite video game as a child?
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
26. Most embarrassing moment?
I can’t remember one…I know it’s a cop out, live with it.
27. Can you drive?
28. Are you mature?
What does that even mean?
29. What year were you born?
1975. Am I oldest?
30. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
Dogs. Cats are cute and all, but suck to take care of, and use you for food. If your cat is being loving, they just want you to feed them, quit thinking they care about you.
31. Describe yourself physically
White and Nerdy
32. What would you name your first child?
There will be no first child.
33. What is the worst injury you’ve ever had?
Hit a car whilst biking to a girls house, abrasions and pain, didn’t break anything miraculously. I think I’m unbreakable.
34. What is your worst habit?
Forgetting things, like what I was going to do before this showed up on my screen
35. Do you drink or smoke?
36. Do you have a tattoo?
37. Are you a morning or a night person?
Bring on the night.
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
This is like asking if you’ve ever masturbated, in that if you say no, you’re just a fucking liar.
39. Do you regret anything?
See answer to 38.
40. Can you count the number of friends that you have on one hand?
41. Do you wear glasses?
I’m required to wear “Corrective lenses” according to my driver’s license.
42. Are you a picky eater?
Used to be, cook more now, so experimentation is making me less picky.
43. Would you die for someone?
44. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
I plead the fifth.
48. Time traveller or ghost?
I want to be Inspector Spacetime
49. Does anybody have a crush on you?
I hope my wife still does.
50. Are you in a relationship?